Update From Ventura County Public Health:
The County of Ventura is currently in Phase 1A, Tier 1 of vaccine distribution.
This phase includes:
Acute care hospital staff who have patient contact will receive first allocations without regard to status in the medical hierarchy (staff includes all workers that work in the individual unit: janitors, housekeepers, maintenance, security, ward clerks, nurses, physicians, techs, respiratory therapists, lab techs, etc.):
- ICU staff
- COVID holding unit staff
- ER staff
- Registry nurses working in the above units
- All other healthcare workers in the acute care hospital (nurses, doctors, janitors, housekeepers, maintenance, security, ward clerks, nurses, techs, respiratory therapists, lab techs, etc.)
- Staff at Skilled Nursing Facilities, Assisted Living Facilities and similar settings for older or medically vulnerable individuals.
- Skilled Nursing Facilities, Assisted Living Facilities and similar settings that have registered with the Federal Pharmacy Participation Program (which has contracted Walgreens and CVS to carry out on site vaccination) will have both staff and residents vaccinated together.
- All other hospital support units (laboratory, radiology, etc.)
- Remaining hospital ancillary staff not previously mentioned
Following vaccination of acute care hospital staff:
- Staff at psychiatric hospitals/residential and in-patient mental health facilities
- Residents of Skilled Nursing Facilities, Assisted Living Facilities and similar settings for older or medically vulnerable individuals.
- Staff and residents of special needs group living
- Paramedics, EMTs
- Dialysis Centers
As the County moves through each phase more information will be posted, shared on the vaccine page and sent to those that have signed up for vaccine updates. The vaccine page can be found here: www.venturacountyrecovers.org/vaccine-information/
For up-to-date information regarding Covid-19 vaccinations, please check with Ventura County Healthcare Agency at
A Message from Amanda Larson, VCHA President
It has been 10 weeks since our daily lives were turned upside and we began living in what can be called an alternate universe … a COVID-Universe. As we have somewhat adjusted and are waiting for the world to normalize again, many of us are feeling anxious and even lonely.
At many times we are left only with our own thoughts or we are overwhelmed by the constant noise and chatter that fills our homes. With the knowledge that we still have a journey ahead of us, the necessity for self-care has become of even greater importance. We want you to know that your leadership at VCHA is here for you and cares about you as a person.
We will be sending out emails and posting to our website and Facebook page various ideas and suggestions to help you take care of YOU. We are fortunate to have in our membership Vinay of Pacific Senior Care kicking this off with some Mindful Meditation, so find a quiet place, click the link and let’s take a deep breath together. Click here for an eight-minute Mindful Meditation video.
Thank you for all that you do for our seniors, our cause and our community. More self-care to come…
Stay Happy and Healthy,